Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my buddy take my 03 Gt Vert to town.
4:10 gears
off road h
flowmaster, few other minor mods

I was at his house in my other car helping his bro. He got back with a HUGE smile on his face, telling me how he loves my car. Made me feel real good. THen we had to drive 2 miles to my house. I let him drive the stang i drove my daily beat 89 honda accord (carbed 2.0L) He kept pulling away from me, i was in second trying to hang the best i could. When we got there he said he was in 5th gear LOL, that was funny. I also didnt know my car sounded that scary Im HAPPY now

BTW ive known this guy my whole life, i know he really didnt run the bag off it.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
What did he say?

didn't run the bag off what? I don't understand that terminology...up date me please!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's a Ford..... How hard could he run it???? LOL

J/K I'm just razzing you a bit. Even after mine gets done, my wife won't be driving it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Shnitz.. It's only a car man. Metal Glass and plastic.. thats all it is. My Ex laid a big guilt trip on me because i NEVER let her drive my stang. She did the old " Do you love me or your stupid car" Of course I said what any real man would say.. the car. I never got any for over a month. It was, why don't you go sleep with your car...But it was good enough to pick her butt up from work everday. Anyway... It isn;t worth the agrivasion, If my new gf asks to drive my new stang, I'll probably say yes, Just because she will drive it for about 10 minutes and her leg will be so sore from letting the clutch in and out she won't wanna drive it any more. :D :D

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I pulled the power steering box off mine and swapped in a manual box.My wife wont even pull it out of the drive.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ran into this problem with my g/f. Here's how I solved it: a nice and loud 4500rpm rev with her standing beside the car getting ready to get in. She is now too afraid to even come near the car. Problem solved :thumbup:

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,814 Posts
You guy's gotta get different girls.

Mine won't drive anything with at least a 3.0 V-6.

Won't drive rice at all.

Thinks auto's are for girls.

Insist's she helps pack the track at the races. She's not even supposed to be on the track. She stuffs her hair into my helmet and closes the visor while she's out throwing mud at he crowd. I even got talked to about it once.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
5.0 freak said:
Shnitz.. It's only a car man. Metal Glass and plastic.. thats all it is. My Ex laid a big guilt trip on me because i NEVER let her drive my stang. She did the old " Do you love me or your stupid car" Of course I said what any real man would say.. the car. I never got any for over a month. It was, why don't you go sleep with your car...But it was good enough to pick her butt up from work everday. Anyway... It isn;t worth the agrivasion, If my new gf asks to drive my new stang, I'll probably say yes, Just because she will drive it for about 10 minutes and her leg will be so sore from letting the clutch in and out she won't wanna drive it any more. :D :D

I totally agree with a car being metal, glass, and (cough) plastic. Thing is, my wife seems to like the smaller size GM cars... Celebrity,Cutlass, Century type cars. An almost full size '78 Monte Carlo scares her with the thought that she'll have to park it sometime. Twice the cylinders and half the fuel mileage doesn't hurt either. :cool:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
johnsongrass1 said:
You guy's gotta get different girls.

Mine won't drive anything with at least a 3.0 V-6.

Won't drive rice at all.

Thinks auto's are for girls.

Insist's she helps pack the track at the races. She's not even supposed to be on the track. She stuffs her hair into my helmet and closes the visor while she's out throwing mud at he crowd. I even got talked to about it once.
You're a very lucky man.

Larry

·
Registered
12 Posts
schnitz said:

J/K I'm just razzing you a bit. Even after mine gets done, my wife won't be driving it!
I have a phrase i use for this situation

"Go for the car, it can't yell at you."
haha, jk, id go for both and work it out, thats the logical thing to do, lmao

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
schnitz said:

I'm quite sure you could run a Ford harder than you could run a Honda for very long. This is regarding load. RPM wise, a Honduh would hold together at much higher rpms than the average hotrodder's engine would.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I haven't talked to you in a while, but it seems you're pretty happy with the Mustang. Any pics yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts