Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, behind door number one we have a fabulos NEW MOTOR!

400 pontiac 425hp 455lb/ft
street legal motor
94 OCT
and basicly anything fun you can think of

??how much should i pay??
lets start the bidding

oops,wrong room:spank:

·
Registered
175 Posts
hmm

pontiac? you shouldnt pay for it at all - he should pay you.
just kiddin-

heres my theory... get your high price and do go above it for nothing... let say 600$$ ( i dont have a clue what a pontiac is worth)

but try to get it for as little as possible - see if you can trade stuff on it too.. personally ill give you two intakes a helix tower a new pair of desert boots and a chevy block if you let me have it for 50 bucks :D

r4r

·
Registered
290 Posts
Motor

I'll take the Blonde in front of door #2.
If it's a built running engine no more than $1,400. Pontiac engines cost a lot more to build than chevy so I'd say he has some money invested in it. All the goodies on it? Or is it just a block and heads?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh no, its a motor im getting built, or will. just wondering what price i should expect to pay, before i get a price

·
Registered
290 Posts
Price

It cost us on a 1970 Pontiac 455 parts & machine shop right at $3,200. That was with everything replaced using performance parts, including Edelbrock intake & HEI distributor. The 400 & 455 Pontiac engines are both Big Blocks. I'd say parts should be about the same for both. That was 5 months ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k, so in otherwords that s a good pirce. and just a little heads up i know that those blocks ARE big blocks, butthey are the same dims as i think 326-455, but yeah big block

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Depends who you talk to...most people I know...including myself, dont use big/small block referances when it comes to Pontiacs, since they are all essentially the same blocks, with differant bore sizes. John

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
yeah, i use GIANT block! hey, skip the 94 octane. primo's 92 or 91 in Cali

1 - 8 of 8 Posts