Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to put new wheels & tires on a'62 Chevy C10.
I need 6 bolts on 5.5 BC and do not want them too fat. 31x10.5x16 are 10.5 wide and DO look too fat & I cannot find a 6 bolt whl with anything less than P235 tire which is 9.5 wide.
Can anyone who has put tires on an old trk advise what size they put on that looked OK ?

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
If you will post this in the Hotrodding Basics forum you will get a lot more people to see your question. This is the introduction forum. :)

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Try a p225 or p 215 on a 7 " rim..those can look just fine..You may have to find a friendly tire guy to show you some different tires..

The 7" rims for your truck should be available..

Sam

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
??? there are tons of wheels in all sizes around for those 6 hole pattern. Even some of the old Asian mini pickups used the same pattern. Wheels from any of the 80s full size 4x4s will fit too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the '80s lead. I've been trying to adapt current SUV wheel & tire packages which will fit @ some very low prices.I also heard from another member who suggested using 7" rims on a P225 tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10-4 & thanks for the tip. I suspected as much but had no way to chk it out w/o a wheel to put on the trk.
My OEM whl/tires for sale just got bigger. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts