Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all that can help me out.

To begin with ,I live in the Netherlands (Europe)
And bought a car from ebay in the U.S.
The seller says now he cant get a title on the car, car is just the chassis,axles, wheels,and bodywork.
No motor,trans, interior.

But to get it out of the U.S. and register it over here I need a title.
Now he says he can , Lien title the car.

What can i do with a title like that.

Thanks
Wander.

·
Registered
32 Posts
title

well if he cant produce a title then i think he void the sale or any agreement and should give your monies back he should be able to produce some type of title even if it is salvage if he cant then i don't think u want to do business with him

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He offers to sell the car for me, but I am not realy intrested.
Anyway I just mialed hin with the question about the salvage title.

Still any input is welcome.

Wander.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
If you can't get a "Clear Title" to the car...... RUN, don't walk away from the deal. Buyer beware, so don't let him put the screws to you in this deal. Get out now before you send him any money.

·
Registered
179 Posts
In Minnesota you can get a bonded title.You have to get an insurance company willing to write a bond for something like one and a half times the value of the car.Then if no one contests the tilte in 3 years you get a clear title.

·
Crazier By The Minute
113 Posts
I have bought and sold many vehicles on Ebay over the years, What did the listing say. Clear Title? Bill of Sale only? Also have you paid for it yet? What was the item #? Bud

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
What did his ad say?

Did he specify the vehicle was for parts only? Did you know before you bought it it had no title? Ebay would be interested and may help if he sold you a pig in a poke and told you later it had no clear title in his name he could sign over to you. You should not let him get away with this and sell it for you...the title issue is his problem unless you bought it as a parts car..knowing it had no title when you bid on it. Never EVER buy a vehicle with no clear title!!! Stolen vehicles are sold and traded that way. Contact ebay and tell them what happened to you if you bough it and expected to be able to ship it home...you expected a title unless you were told up front it did not have one.

Tazz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depending on the State

I live in alabama and anything prior to 1974 the state will not provide a title for. If I sale something out of state I provide a written receipt with the serial number and a license receipt. The new owner can have the car inspected in his state and the dmv will make him a title. I don't know how that would work as far as shipping to Europe.

·
likes chevy trucks & boobies
1,971 Posts
each state is different

for example here in IL everything has to be titled regardless of the year, and bills of sale are not used nor recognized

you can bond to get a title here and its 1.5 times the value and it is a 5 year deal

whoever the titled owner of this vehicle is is the person who needs to get a replacement title so they can sign it over to you, an it takes time, several weeks, and will cost a certain amount to do,

you would have to check online at the secretary of state web site for whatever state the vehicle is currently titled in, and find out costs to get a replacement title and the fees

since it is the body AND the chassis, it is still a complete vehicle and therefore it is still titled and good

if no one will get you a title for it then you wont be able to do much,

this is a pretty complicated subject

titles and registrations can easily become a nightmare

good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts