Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
Do any of you have a Pure Power Lifetime oil filters, just read a article in the new Rod & Custom mag about these filters,sure looks like the way to go to me. They are not cheep, $200 to $250 but if you never had to buy another one and they perform like they say it would, it would pay for it's self in no time.

FAT40 :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Lets see....$10/filter....Thats 20-24 oil changes....3 times/year...7-8 years...until they become worthwhile. Will still have that engine?

And, are they proven..................??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Life time oil filters

Poncho62

I forgot not everyone keeps there car as long as I do(38 years) and I just changed engines last year. But if they Filter the oil like they say and increases horse power by eliminating backpressure created by the pump trying to force oil through nonporous material . Who knows my engine might last 50 years.

FAT40 :thumbup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the same article- gonna try one on my new crate engine. By report,the new filter will pick up pieces of old filter elements that have come loose and don't drain out with the oil. Bill :).

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
hotroddr said:
By report,the new filter will pick up pieces of old filter elements that have come loose and don't drain out with the oil. Bill :).
Pretty tall claim considering the filtering ability of filters like Mobil 1, and Purolator Pure 1.

Vince

·
Registered
183 Posts
Vince, I agree with you. I read an article in the past year, Hot Rod or Chevy Performance I believe, about these filters. In the article the author showed debris that he claimed was from past filter elements. FWIW Bill :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts