Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried about 10 fuses and traced all my wiring for my tail lights (leds) to no avail till i pulled out the license plate light cause the enclosure was wet. poof! my lights all worked.

now i have to ask....WHY? the light still worked. had 1 ohm resistance, burned VERY brightly for a half a second till the .5A fuse blew. i don't get it. the bulb has been in my truck for about 8 months.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Was the Tag lamp An incandescent? If so, Most likely it was on the ragged edge of resistance (filament resistance) to ground for the lighting circuit..Causing a higher draw with all the other added lighting resistors.

blowing the fuse when it was wet..was probably an additional resistance added to the mix and put it over the edge..

You COULD try a 1N4001 Diode on the tag light power...see if that doesn't cure the problem, If not raise the fuse value by a few amps..and worst case, you could use a relay to control the tag lamp.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

No Sweat! :thumbup:

Gaining more and more health each day! got my meds straightened out and more and more ambulatory each day!

Thanks!

Doc :pimp:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts