Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help! i never welded a 14 bolt or dana 60, or any rearend at that. im just wandering what it really consist of. my buddy knows how to weld really good. buty hes new at the "locker" on the rear. just help with what you can

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
I wouldn't weld up the spider gears unless you are going to use this vehicle in a demolition derby. If you plan on racing this vehicle on a track and they find out about this, they will throw you off the track. I wouldn't do it, its not worth it, its a disaster waiting to happen.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
If this is to be an OFF ROAD only vehicle you are going to be cautioned to do it right and buy a full locker and not ruin parts to get the same results.

If this is for anyhting coming even remotely close to being driven on any road for any purpose other than illegal driving or on track drag racing, you are going to lose this thread to either the Dump, or simply deleted or edited, and it won't take long.

The simple act of welding the spider gears in ANY axle is thoroughly NOT supported in this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts