Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to a represinitive from lincoln tech today and the place seems pretty cool they just opened a new facility in indianapolis. im going to check out the place sometime in january i really want to look into there diesal, autotech or auto collision im leanin more tward the auto tech because they have also opened up a high performance class but its more off an add on off of the auto tech and ide really like to get into some kind of high performance of some kind.. anywayz just wondering if its really worth it to go and if any of you have ever attended lincoln tech or any other technical school and was it really worth it in the long run did it help you out with getting a job or teach you anything?? :thumbup: anything you can tell me at all about a tech school if you went or something :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mightymouse,

Yes, going to a technical college is an excellent idea if you want to pursue a career in the automotive field. I went to a Jr college to study automotive technology continued to a 4 year college for more automotive technology and continued into a 21 year career (so far, my how time flies when you are having fun) with GM in various technical and service positions.

Don't know about the school you are looking at but have you considered a GM ASEP program? There is a very good program at Sinclair Community College in Dayton, OH.

If I can help in any way please let me know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That actully does help im looking for a school more close to home anywayz and i like chevys more than anything else i dident know they had Gm asep college in dayton do you know of any closer ones to columbus

Thanks...:D

·
Registered
654 Posts
While I don't work directly with GM ASEP I remember another in Parma, OH which is near Cleveland and Stark State which is near Akron. Both also have a GM ASEP program. Here is some information I found on Stark State.

http://www.starkstate.edu/ACADEMICS/business/autotech_asep.htm

All three schools have very good staff and facilities to learn Automotive. Plus you work at A GM dealer while you are learning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.