Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im instaling a b and m line lock on my 78 chevy stepside pickup, Now im wondering if i need to go before or after the porportioing. I know the insructions say after, but at some of the races i was at i noticed people running the before. :confused: Also im just running it on the front brakes. Thanks, Jake

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
jake_arcticcat said:
Hi, im instaling a b and m line lock on my 78 chevy stepside pickup, Now im wondering if i need to go before or after the porportioing. I know the insructions say after, but at some of the races i was at i noticed people running the before. :confused: Also im just running it on the front brakes. Thanks, Jake
I would put it after the Proportioning valve... The reason is if you put it before it can cause damage to the PV,, (never seen it happen),,,But it can !!!And may make your brake light come on... And you may have a better time passing Tec.. It will work both ways, But I think you would be better off after.... And a line lock is ''ONLY'' Used on the front,,, :D (On a RWD car or truck) Good luck... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.