Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys joe here got a stupid guestion but here it goes bought new liquid oil presshure gauge now they have a vent screw to vent gauge and set level on gauge according to auto meter they say to turn out screw 2 turns bit thats all they say now should i leave screw loose or close it again dont know if ita one time thing directions are very vauge any help on this odd question welcome thank u joe

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think they want you to retighten it. Does the little screw have a tiny rubber o-ring?

This is kind of long winded story.
I bought one of their oil dampened gages for turbo boost. Followed the instructions to zero it which worked fine but is soon as the back light warmed up the whole gage it would not return to zero. Not good thing when running adjustable wastegate and boost on the edge of detonation. Gage that is always out of calibration isnt good for much.

Thought it was a defect, returned it, gage #2 same thing. Then talked to their tech people they told me to drain out oil and leave screw out. Didnt agree with that so in the end I got a small star washer and installed that working fine now.

Man was I disappointed in Autometer the "made in USA" company.
I bet they are still making it the same old way to this day. :smash:
Thanks for reminding me. :pain: ha! :D

On a oil gage where 1 or 2 psi isnt going to make a whole lot of difference you will be ok. I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts