Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why was that thread dumped? no foul language, no racing, nothin like that!!

this is stupid. i realy think there should be a good explination for this. there was no reason for it to get dumped.

let the excuses roll... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
it seems the same as borrowing a dvd from a bud. no different. only thing might be the "copy" aspect of it.....

but you can believe i'd rather mail a copy of my movie to a friend than the original. damn postal carriers.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
oldschoolrods said:
And even if the DVD police do come they can still just go look in the dump :rolleyes:
LOL:thumbup: so true, except they would need 25 posts to be able to see the dump, and I'm sure after 25 posts they'd be so familiar with HR.com and by then noticed how nice people reside here, that they would changer their mind and drop the charges.

Ingenious Jon:D

Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so can we start a loan-a-movie thread #2 so more people can sign up?

i was next on the list, and some one said night fire was after me.

let us know if you find out, poncho.

4d4rd

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Got it from 40 already,sending tomorrow.Had to go and tag my car today so that ate my postal hours up.BTW,any DVD cops.I DID NOT WATCH THE MOVIES.REPEAT,DIDnot WATCH THE MOVIES!!!, Oh heck who am I foolin"?.I watched em, and I enjoyed every minute of it!!!!

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Played terrific man.I was really pleased with the quality.My brother has a good set up on his and it was comparable.A guy at work loaned me a movie and I was ready to throw it at him.Had to go and rent it since I got interested before it blocked out on me.Poncho,you did good my friend:thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,190 Posts
I dumped the thread. I would be happy to answer any questions related to action taken on that thread.

While the actions discussed in the thread may be technically against the law (many interpretations can apply, in many different situations), it was not dumped because it discussed illegal activity. We routinely discuss minor and small infractions of the law, and it's not really a big deal at all.

Nor is it a moral judgment. The nature of the thread can not be described as either good or bad.

I dumped the thread for two reasons:

1. It leaves us vulnerable to legal action. I wouldn't expect our average member to be keeping up-to-date with online copyright information and news. Nevertheless, the situation is tenuous at best, with the recording industry looking to strike out with lawsuits at the most vulnerable parties involved in file sharing. Discussing illegal file/music/data/video sharing is one thing. Using the board as a tool for illegal file/music/data/video sharing is another. It draws heat for us. There are a million places you can do it on the net. It's disrespectful to do it here.

2. The act of discussing and promoting illegal file/music/data/video sharing attracts deleterious web-surfer activity of a nature that we would prefer to avoid. I'm not talking about the type of people that swap old hotrodding movies through the mail. Discussions, websites, software, or any other opportunity to get copyrighted material for free attracts a cyber-punk type of element that we can do without.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I would hope that this is considered to be generally reasonable. When you Dump a thread, you are essentially ruining someone's party. So, you must have a good explanation, and you need to accept the fact that you can explain your brains out, but some people are still going to be dissatisfied.

Once again, I'd be happy to answer any questions about this policy, or the dumping of that particular thread.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.