Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I just bought a new amp for my car, and a new radio, amp, and woofer for my pontoon. I don't think they will be going in soon, as we have 4" of fresh snow and we are suppose to get 4"-6" more. I got it because they had free install, as they are moving to a bigger building.

Bob

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
A young new craftsman

I went down To Idaho Falls, to a small local car show and swap meet.Typical Northern Rockies weather , overcast and cold. We only have 2 seasons, this winter and last winter. It was the first time out of the garage for Royce Duke's Efie Ford pickup. The top chop was started by his Late grandfather, Wayne Duke. whose cars have been in Rod and Custom. His late father Rod Duke had planned on finishing the project. To honor the memory of his Father and Grandfather, Royce went to work, adding his own features. He didn't know how his grandfather made the louvers in the roof , but Royce did a lot of carefull measuring then Made his own set of dies to louver the custom bed cover. He found a large metal fab shop in northern Utah that had a press that was used to shear 1/2 inch plate and shook the whole building, but it had the capacity to fit the bed cover. Royce added a lot of his own ideas, the craftsman ship is superb ! 1 , Here's a few picts

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
At first glance I wasn't sure if I liked the style of the bed but after looking at it, it really fits the truck and looks beautiful I think. It must flip up for access into the bed. I wonder what it looks like underneath?

Those extra gauges molded into the dash are pretty cool too.

·
Dimwit
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New car

Tonight, a new car showed up at the local meet at Lowe's. A Packard "Twin 6" from the 1920s. Sorry I did not get the year model. The owner was busy talking with a guy in an "Antique Automobile Club of America" shirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
duke's effie

I saw the hammer when I checket out all the custom interior work , It really doesn't show wery well in the pict. I think the hammer was one from his grandfather's toolbox. He was going to So Cal to a ford pickup show this month.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We had 11,882 cars show up for our car show this weekend, will post pictures as soon as I get them sorted.

Bob
That's Awesome Bob!! Congrats on your show's success!

Jay K.

ps. I attended a local show here on Sunday called Gears and Ears. Nothing like your show, I gotta get out there next time!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Been looking for some pix. How was the weather, Bob?

This was the 41st show and I have only missed a couple,, when I was in the hospital. It was one of the best ones yet.

We did have one hell of a down pour on Sunday about Noon, which only lasted about 20 minutes or so. Other wise the weather was picture perfect. It was in the 80's I would say.

The Sat. night cruise around the fair grounds was great, it started about six P.M. and lasted after I left about 9. The cars would go around the loop and then park and others would jump in. Made me mad as I have a new camera and could not get the sound to work on each picture. Just about everyone had open pipes and some of the rat rods were really loud it was super.

I will tell you anyone into cars and doesn't have this on there bucket list doesn't know what they are missing.:nono::nono:

Bob

1 - 20 of 35 Posts