Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this world coming to? The big story on the Dallas channels today and yesterday is of a woman who cut off her 11 month old babys arms and let it bleed to death. I know this sounds like something out of a demonic horror story or something, but it is real. It just made me sick when I heard it. I dont understand how that is even possible.

Thought I would share....for some reason....:(

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
TurboS10 said:
What is this world coming to? The big story on the Dallas channels today and yesterday is of a woman who cut off her 11 month old babys arms and let it bleed to death. I know this sounds like something out of a demonic horror story or something, but it is real. It just made me sick when I heard it. I dont understand how that is even possible.

Thought I would share....for some reason....:(
Man, I feel guilty denying the munchin junk food.

That is why forced sterilization and capital punishment need to be an option for some"people".

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
I agree, that sickens the soul. And I would have felt the same way if she had contracted out the carnage 10 months, 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds earlier. Infanticide will be our greatest shame when the time comes to answer for our actions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Y'know, horrible things happen in the world every day. If you watch the news, very little of it is good. As a matter of fact it's all rather depressing. This little piece of information I could have done without. Nothing against you TurboS10, just not the kind of thing I like to read/hear about at any time, much less here...where I come to read and learn, and get away from all the insanity.

Chickie.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
I agree, that sickens the soul. And I would have felt the same way if she had contracted out the carnage 10 months, 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds earlier. Infanticide will be our greatest shame when the time comes to answer for our actions.
Infanticide? Legalized murder? What are you people saying? They're membranes. It's a good and wholesome surgical procedure. *from a liberal*

my opinion (below)
It's still killing a person, in womb, out of womb, or half and half. Legalized murder. Abortion is wrong and if some woman gets pregged and has a kid they don't want, well they shouldn't have been banging around in the first place, and should pay child support if the kid is up for adoption. It'd be her kid, her responsibility, and she should do more than rely on our taxdollars to pay for the kid. And also, mr. can't-keep-my-pants-on should pay child support also.

my 2cents

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasnt trying to start an abortion debate.....wasnt trying to offend. Just wat sitting here watching the news this morning while cruising HR like normal an thought I would share the news. I would bet you will all hear about it before long. Has the makings of one of those cases that gets coverage through the whole trial.

Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
Reading about crap like this is really disturbing.. I'm a naturally empathic person, as soon as I hear something like this I got into both of their places. I get confused and confounded by the mother's actions, how she could've done that. And I can't imagine how the baby felt when it's caretaker started doing such a thing.. visions all inside my head now.. I'm lucky I'm a stable person or this would've already driven me off the deep end.. I just don't see how people can be how they are sometimes.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sorry to say it's nothing new. In Josephus' account of the fall of the temple in 70 AD the women were eating their babys.
But that is just so sad. What can you say.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
TwistedDragon said:
Reading about crap like this is really disturbing.. I'm a naturally empathic person, as soon as I hear something like this I got into both of their places. I get confused and confounded by the mother's actions, how she could've done that. And I can't imagine how the baby felt when it's caretaker started doing such a thing.. visions all inside my head now.. I'm lucky I'm a stable person or this would've already driven me off the deep end.. I just don't see how people can be how they are sometimes.
boy you'd better not turn on the news, we're killing thousands of people in the middle east!

K

·
Registered
62 Posts
killerformula said:
boy you'd better not turn on the news, we're killing thousands of people in the middle east!

K
Oh I already know that, I was gonna vote Kerry but couldn't thanks to an address change thing. So I know allllll about that. I could go on for hours about that but I won't, I don't need to pirate a thread :nono:

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
"One man's death is a tragedy.... the death of millions is a statistic."

- Joseph Stalin

"Murder is illegal as well it should be... unless it is done in groups to the sound of trumpets...."

- Voltaire

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was in no way offended Turbo, just terribly saddened. :( I get angry and frustrated with my kids sometimes, but never, EVER, has harming them in ANY way, ever crossed my mind. Yes, they occassionally get a paddle on the behind for misbehaving, but a little paddle on the butt is not tatamount to what that woman did, and in fact doesn't even begin to touch what some people call discipline.:rolleyes:

I am very much like Twisted Dragon, in that I can see both sides of the coin, most of the time, and if I didn't have the ability or opportunity to tune out the outside world sometimes, I would most certainly be insane!

Chickie.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, It hit home for me especially because I have a 13 month old at home. They can be very frustrating, but I just can not imagine what could drive a person to that. Insanity is the ONLY explanation. No sane person could do a thing like that and then sit down and call 911 and calmly explain to the operator what she had done with no remorse.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
We had a sort of similar case in California many years ago. This milti-time loser (rape, assault, armed robbery, etc.) kidnapped a girl in her early 20s, repeatedly raped her then took her to a remote location in the country, hacked off her forearms with a hatchet and left her for dead. She survived and he was quickly captured, tried and thrown in jail. He served a few years, seems like 5 or so, then was released as an humanitarian deed since he was in his late 60s and in failing health. He promptly raped a young girl in his new community, seems like she was 6, so they decided they might better keep him in jail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
We had a sort of similar case in California many years ago. This milti-time loser (rape, assault, armed robbery, etc.) kidnapped a girl in her early 20s, repeatedly raped her then took her to a remote location in the country, hacked off her forearms with a hatchet and left her for dead. She survived and he was quickly captured, tried and thrown in jail. He served a few years, seems like 5 or so, then was released as an humanitarian deed since he was in his late 60s and in failing health. He promptly raped a young girl in his new community, seems like she was 6, so they decided they might better keep him in jail.
Good Call.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
yeah this is one of the things that troubled me while studying psychology... What do you do with people who commit horrible crimes, but who's upbringing was cruel, violent and mentally abusive to the point of parial insanity (go get yourself some statistics on people with DID or Parnoid Schizophrenia who have had abusive/violent childhoods... your jaw will drop)?

So where do we place the blame, and how do we deal with these people? I agree, most of them would be most easily dealt with by a death penalty (well, if it weren't for all the red tape) but that seems sort-of counterlogical doesn't it? If somebody violates our ethics and humanity by doing these horrible deeds, they're very clearly subscribing to an entirely different set of standards than we, if any at all. How then, knowing this, can we further violate our own ethics and humanity by taking another life? Furthermore, I would argue that its far worse for we, the sane, to take a life of somebody who is insane than the reverse. Its quite obviously no less horrible, but certainly, phiolosophically, equally as twisted, if not more-

K

1 - 20 of 46 Posts