Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Owned a lot of Hotrod trucks over the past 35 years and now I'm back in a car.
Well this happens to be (My Opinion) a Beautiful 1936 Chevrolet 4D Sedan that i just gave myself for Christmas.
All steel with some original wood left for ol times sake.
I consider it a street rod cause the body is all stock, but the Int, motor, rear-end and front end has all been upgraded.
I'm looking for a way of locking all 4 doors up while I'm away. Plan to drive it everyday but not until I can lock her up. Standard original windows and door locks. The passengers door is the only one to lock outside with a key when leaving. Anybody fixed /rigged up or installed a simple way to lock a 34-39 4 door car up?
any advice and help would be very much appreciated!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey folks,
Owned a lot of Hotrod trucks over the past 35 years and now I'm back in a car.
Well this happens to be (My Opinion) a Beautiful 1936 Chevrolet 4D Sedan that i just gave myself for Christmas.
All steel with some original wood left for ol times sake.
I consider it a street rod cause the body is all stock, but the Int, motor, rear-end and front end has all been upgraded.
I'm looking for a way of locking all 4 doors up while I'm away. Plan to drive it everyday but not until I can lock her up. Standard original windows and door locks. The passengers door is the only one to lock outside with a key when leaving. Anybody fixed /rigged up or installed a simple way to lock a 34-39 4 door car up?
any advice and help would be very much appreciated!

Mike
CHEVS of THE 40's has some from from '37 up but you might give them a call to see if they would fit

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
After having 3 soft tops CUT, 2 windows broke, and another 2 opened with banding(scratched the window).

I stopped locking my junk.

If they want to get in they are going to get in.

I would rather have them get in the thing and say steal a $200 radio then cut a soft top and steal the radio or smash the side glass.

There are lots of ways to prevent someone from moving your car. My favorite is installing a horn by the drivers ear in the B pillar or in/under the seat or other hard to rip out spot that turns on and stays on after 10 seconds of the engine being started. Someone laying on a horn in a parking lot or going down the road gets more heads turning then any car alarm.
Might even get the theifs butt kicked or pulled over.
Thing can be controlled with a simple 3 position switch(coil on, coil off, coil on horn armed).

I have had this happen. It is easy to hear your car if you act fast.
There are GPS trackers that you can hide on the car and even get alerts if the thing is moved. You need to watch battery life with some of these. I have one from the link below(says 5 year battery life) that I bought this summer and am impressed with how it performs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.