Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... that got out of hand.

NO My daughter is not abused. Yeah I was pissed off when I wrote that. My daughter is a very happy kid considering what she is going through at the moment with me and her mother. I DO discipline her and I make her understand why. I dont discipline her for not understanding something. Mainly for when she goofs off when I'm tutoring her. For example I do(or use to) make her do her ABC's and basic words over and over again till she got them down. If she got something wrong I would make her repeat it over and over again. After the whole summer I only had to bust her but like twice. After the summer till now the only thing I have had to smack her for was throwing 1 hissy fit at school. She since has been an angel at school, so says her teacher.

When I discipline my daughter I make her understand why, and what it is for. There is no abuse here, we both (me and my ex) have been through a many shrinks, CPS, courts, etc. And they all said my little one was well behaved and not abused. Anyway just wanted to say that little piece since that last thread turned into a lynching because of what was said.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good to hear. I was a bit worried after the last thread.

Like almost everyone said, your daughter will be fine. Sometimes people freeze on tests, maybe she is too advanced for the class, maybe she just needs some adjustment time...there is a multitude of reasons as to why she could have done poorly but none of them I'm sure include you being a bad parent.

:thumbup: If the teacher is right, keep up the good work.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
I try not to comment on other peoples parenting skills, just because my kids turned out perfect, I shouldn't gloat about it.......................

That was sarcasm....................

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
I think you made it onto a lot of peoples "ignore" list with the last post, can't say I blame them.:rolleyes:

You made mine.;)

:welcome:

·
a.k.a. Rusty Shackelford
226 Posts
Wow! what a mix up

Geez all you said was:

if she got one wrong I made her do it 5 times over. If she still got it wrong she got slapped!
I don't know how someone could possibly construe that to sound like abuse. Those five year olds ought to know their stinking ABC's and how to spell perfectly, I mean we all did when we started kindergarten, right!

My girlfriend’s sister is a kindergarten teacher maybe I could suggest she use your method of instruction. I mean if it worked for you, right?

Maybe you’re the one who should be slapped, with a two by four.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Wow! what a mix up

Barz51 said:
Geez all you said was:

I don't know how someone could possibly construe that to sound like abuse. Those five year olds ought to know their stinking ABC's and how to spell perfectly, I mean we all did when we started kindergarten, right!

My girlfriend’s sister is a kindergarten teacher maybe I could suggest she use your method of instruction. I mean if it worked for you, right?

Maybe you’re the one who should be slapped, with a two by four.
How about you just ****? Maybe one day when you have a child you'll understand the concept of discipline and training. I bet all your kids will be spoiled little brats because you'll be one of those people that doesnt believe in smacking their kid when they do something very wrong. And all you will know how to do is complain to other people that do discipline their kids.

I went through everything with my little one last night and everything seems fine, I dont know what the teacher is talking about, she messed up on little things, took the day off and was reamed out for doing so, have to go beg/***** for my job now. But still needed to be done, I really dont see where the problem is, she seems to be doing fine with abc's basic words, writing, numbers, counting, rhyming, etc. Everything I tought her this past summer still seems to be there. Now to have a little sit down with the teacher.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Re: Wow! what a mix up

87442lover said:
How about you just ****? Maybe one day when you have a child you'll understand the concept of discipline and training. I bet all your kids will be spoiled little brats because you'll be one of those people that doesnt believe in smacking their kid when they do something very wrong. And all you will know how to do is complain to other people that do discipline their kids.

I went through everything with my little one last night and everything seems fine, I dont know what the teacher is talking about, she messed up on little things, took the day off and was reamed out for doing so, have to go beg/***** for my job now. But still needed to be done, I really dont see where the problem is, she seems to be doing fine with abc's basic words, writing, numbers, counting, rhyming, etc. Everything I tought her this past summer still seems to be there. Now to have a little sit down with the teacher.
It seems to me you can't spell either.
Perhaps you should get a 2X4 upside the head too.
Hitting is no cure for anything. It just means you are bigger and an ******* to boot.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts

87442lover said:

When I was a kid my dad used a belt and my mom used a hair brush on me, it never did much brain damage,
My two boys, I used open hand on butt and only need to a dozen times between both of them. (25 & 30)
So I truly believe in corporal punishment but if I was beat every time I did not know an answer in school, I would still be in a body cast.
You need help and I like the 2x4 idea best!
Barry

·
a.k.a. Rusty Shackelford
226 Posts

87442lover said:

Wow! Temper, temper! Maybe you need to talk to someone about your pent up anger.

Your half right, I don't believe in "smacking" a kid for not knowing how to spell. I do however believe in corporal punishment. I used to get spanked with hand and then with a wooden spoon when got older. There is a difference between slapping a five year old for not knowing how to spell and spanking an eight year old for slamming a bedroom door in anger. My children will be punished with spanking if necessary. However, I will never hit a child in anger or threaten them with physical repercussions if they can't learn there spelling words

I have absolutely no tolerance for abusers and never will.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
This twit thinks he knows best...your wasting you time trying to educate this idiot!! Just let him keep on and the system will deal with him. To bad for the kid..having to suffer under this kind of treatment...somebody needs to smack him a time or two instead of him smacking her!!

Tazz

RAt Rods Rule!

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wow! what a mix up

Barz51 said:
I used to get spanked with hand and then with a wooden spoon when got older.
Ahh the wooden spoon, many a good wooden spoon gave its life for the sake of discipline. The hard part was trying not to laugh when mom broke it, 'cause then there would be trouble :D

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I guess I can't say too much because I don't have kids, but I know that it has to be psychologically damaging to be hit with things. My dad used the belt, man that sucked. Young boys do messed up things once in a while, they get in fights, break things, say naughty words etc. All I learned from getting beaten was that I needed to keep it from my dad and that I knew better than to have an open relationship with him! Don't get me wrong, its not like the man did it every day or lashed me to the point of bleeding or anything, it just created a separation between us that I think still probably exists.

So I'm going to try my best not to do that when I have kids, well, I"m DEFINATELY not going to do that, but I think people who vow never to lay a hand on their kids must have some pretty angelic kids! I agree with people when they say I don't ever hit my kids, but If I've told them over and over and they keep acting up, I might pop them on the ***** once just to get their attention.

My mom used to do that, just a swat on the bottom. Looking back on it, I don't think it hurt at all (she never did it that hard) but it was the psychological effect of "Mom just swatted me because I was being really bad" that kinda made you shape it up for a while and fly strait. I think the best thing is if you have to do that you don't dwell on it, shift gears and start being positive again so your child doesn't dwell on the fact that you think they're a bad kid.

Just my .02, maybe its different when they're your kids, wouldn't know-

K

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
killerformula said:
I guess I can't say too much because I don't have kids, but I know that it has to be psychologically damaging to be hit with things. My dad used the belt, man that sucked. Young boys do messed up things once in a while, they get in fights, break things, say naughty words etc. All I learned from getting beaten was that I needed to keep it from my dad and that I knew better than to have an open relationship with him! Don't get me wrong, its not like the man did it every day or lashed me to the point of bleeding or anything, it just created a separation between us that I think still probably exists.

So I'm going to try my best not to do that when I have kids, well, I"m DEFINATELY not going to do that, but I think people who vow never to lay a hand on their kids must have some pretty angelic kids! I agree with people when they say I don't ever hit my kids, but If I've told them over and over and they keep acting up, I might pop them on the ***** once just to get their attention.

My mom used to do that, just a swat on the bottom. Looking back on it, I don't think it hurt at all (she never did it that hard) but it was the psychological effect of "Mom just swatted me because I was being really bad" that kinda made you shape it up for a while and fly strait. I think the best thing is if you have to do that you don't dwell on it, shift gears and start being positive again so your child doesn't dwell on the fact that you think they're a bad kid.

Just my .02, maybe its different when they're your kids, wouldn't know-

K

killer, you'll make a good dad some day youv'e got the right attitude

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.