Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there had a mechanic try to replace the rear diff bearing BCA RW508ER mx bearing in my 1966 Shelby Cobra kit - he said he couldn’t find a match anywhere - every time he ordered it didn’t match up. Then said he found one. Installed it and it was leaking oil from there like crazy after I drove 10 min home. 🙄

Doesn’t seem like it should be so difficult. And even more maddening is he’s sat on my car now almost 4 months where it’s undriveable.

I don’t know where the back end came
From - the previous owner (passed away) said it was a 9” - I’m assuming Ford 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi there had a mechanic try to replace the rear diff bearing BCA RW508ER mx bearing in my 1966 Shelby Cobra kit - he said he couldn’t find a match anywhere - every time he ordered it didn’t match up. Then said he found one. Installed it and it was leaking oil from there like crazy after I drove 10 min home. 🙄

Doesn’t seem like it should be so difficult. And even more maddening is he’s sat on my car now almost 4 months where it’s undriveable.

I don’t know where the back end came
From - the previous owner (passed away) said it was a 9” - I’m assuming Ford 🤷‍♀️
Try Bears performance in Tecumseh Ont. That bearing with the O ring is used in aftermarket performance applications. Call them and have some measurements.

·
Registered
353 Posts

call them and see if they can cross it over

1 - 5 of 5 Posts