Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electric Folding/Retracting License Plate Kit?

I've been planning to do this for so long but can't find any good sites for it. But I've seen a couple ideas that I like but don't want it to switch on and off with the turn of the ignition. I would like to find something where I can use a toggle switch, ie: On/Off Switch. I have a link here that looks awesome, but its on a lousy foreign car, but its awesome. Anyone have ideas or sites it would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0JMAV2DGg

·
life is a ride
1,540 Posts
Sachse Rod Shop in Sachse,TX shows a folding license plate contraption in their catalog.
They don't have an on-line catalog.
Phone 1-800-495-3904

It could be wired thru a toggle switch separate from the ignition switch. There could be a problem with current draw when the car is parked. It depends on how the thing is designed.

You might want to check out the legality of it first before you dump $.
You know rum-runners vs revenuers etc.

vicrod

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

You might want to reconsider the whole hide~away plate thing..

If it shuts down and hides the plate when parked on a public highway in CALIFORNIA anywhere, you could get it impounded..or at least cited for improperly Fixed plate or worse , attempt to cover or tampering with the plate on a public highway..

As a show item , It adds a nice touch , but could be a problem on a driver.

Doc :pimp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.