Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have been looking for a ram air system for my Chevy 383. I had a simple idea of basically a stock air cleaner with 2 inlets hooked up to some dryer vent, someting like this.... http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/scoops.html I was hoping to find something aftermarket and that looked professional and flowed well. It seems like a good simple idea people would want. Anyone make one?

Thanks
Jordon

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I also have the Ram Air Box on my Fuel Injected 383. I wanted the outside temp air going to the air valve, not under the hood, hot air. The ram effect pressure is a by product of this effort. Pricey: yes, but to me it is worth it. If you have plenty of room for the collector box and tubes, Ram Air Box provides for a cost a 4" flexible aluminum tube that works great as long as you do not need drastic bends or flattening. I you are pressed for space, you can get a very good hose from Grizzley Tools (used for a wood working shop vacuum system). You want to get the ends of the tubes exposed to the brunt of the air at the front of the car if possible.

Trees

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.