Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone knows or has a unfinished street rod rolling chassis that may not ever get finished I'm looking for someone that might be interested in trading it for a 69 Big Block Firebird that has about 4 hours on the YH 455 motor & on the whole car. After attending the Good Guys in Charlotte I really want to get a good rod project. If you rodders don't think this is a bad deal. Just like we used to do many years ago, sit around and talk & end up going home with another car.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I have been talking to people...

about doing some trading too. Its not easy to find someone to trade though. I have 3 cars that I have been trying to deal on...a 64 Galaxy 500 and a 70 Duster and a 49 Pontiac but haven't had any luck yet. The people that own these cars want cash and arn't willing to trade right now today..."maybe in the future", they said......Its hard to get off a driver for a project. I keep getting people wanting to trade me 4dr cars though...don't want any 4dr cars, or jap crap or even a nice pu truck/got a pu truck already...OH yea, and a crotch rocket.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trading

I had a guy at Charlotte that offered a 38 Chevy 2 dr on a trade on the first day of the Good Guys event and at that time I had not started thinking of trading. Wish I would have got his number.
But I did get offered a trade yesterday, I've got my Firebird on a trailer in front of a body shop with a $16,000 price tag on it. This guy called me and wanted to know if I would accept his Omni on a trade, oh well back to the phone.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
But not like a business advertising on the board right? Its called talking about trying to trade our cars dude....get real!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I think talking about trading and wanting something is OK, however the poster needs to be careful not to solicit board members for a trade, that would in my opinion be advertising. If a poster want's advice or help in finding what he's looking for I don't think any of the mods would have a problem with that.

Centerline

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
It's a very close call guys. Borderline advertising, and it's hard to say which line of the border it falls on. This sort of thread isn't a threat to us, but there is a reason why we establish an advertising policy.

We have a classifieds section set up just for this. You can place a free "Wanted" ad, with info on a trade. You'll probably get more eyeballs looking at the ad in there, than in this thread anyway.

Of course, if you have a question like "should I make this trade", "would this be a fair trade" "what should I trade this car for", etc. -- then that's exactly what the Lounge is for.

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
What kind of sets me off in these type of posts, is when a "dollar" amount starts to get mentioned. Other than that, I would have been cool with it...........

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
See, the way I look at it these guys arent new members ya kno. And the thread started out on trying to find someone to trade, that would be great hr.com member trade to another hr.com member
instead of having to post a classified NIGERIAN ad. ya know 98% of your classifieds get responded to by scammers.
Why make people more unsafe? And a chance to get ripped off.
(I could understand if they were newbies but they aren't)
What is the big deal about talking about selling something on here if your a regular member and you dont do it for profit or buisness?

GOING BACK TO MY CORNER NOW
Abe

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
It's no big deal and it's been done before.

You're right, lots of members complain about the scamers they get mail from when they use the classifieds. Sadly that problem makes that feature just about useless to some people interested in selling something.

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
yup :(

Can I suggest a buy/trade/sell forum, people can go in and ask if anyone has a certain part they are willing to barter. Or if someone has a car they need to sell.
Ive had many times where ive wanted to ask if anyone has a part to sell. (chrome ;))

The posts would also help out, because of there being the loggged ip option and someone can actually check to see where the person is from (ip trace from nigeria) less than 30 seconds to do. Less chance of a scam if you have to talk publicly about it I think.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trading

Ghetto Jet's right on the money. That's why I was asking our members about a trade. I've only got 2 ads out right now, 1 here and another web site and 90% of responses are scammers. At least here I feel like I'm getting honest information. It would be as suggested a good idea for a barter section. When I wanted to sell a car for my business & proffitt I bought an ad here as per our guidelines.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Trade?

I know where your coming from,sometimes you have a lot more stuff than cash. I made an upside down trade a year ago ,but I`m satisfied, I got some thing I wanted and gave up a vehicle I was tired of. I have no idea what your looking for I have a 48 ford 1/2 ton project ,its in no way worth as much as your Poncho,I want to give it a good home with some one that will finish it. If your interested ,contact me.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts