Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a soft top for my 31 Ford A Roadster. Does anyone a top for sale out there. I looked into having one made for me and about died when I heard what they wanted for it. Does anyone have any advice? Could I make my own? Does anyone have any construction plans for one?

I was also wondering about seat belts. I'm getting ready to build some bomber seats and was thinking about setting up the seats to handle a 3 to 5 point harness. Does this sound possible?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Bikini top

You could do one of those..used one on my jeep and it woudl get me home in a rainstorm..I would also suggest doing some google searches as there are people who can provide the top hoops and parts..A top can be made in your own shop...the labor is what kills you on building a top..

As far as the 5 point belts these will work in a roadster..just follow the mounting instructions so you get a proper install..:thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Another thought

You might wish to look into the guys that make boat tops..they have parts and hoops and such and might be able to make a top that would look good and work for you..probably be fine on a modified roadster..

In my neightborhood we have quite a few places that do boat canvas and those tops will stand a gale force wind so it should work on your car..Al we really have to go for is looks good and works here..:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.