Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey try a trailer hardware dist. I successfully installed 2 on 39 auburn replica car . You need to know the travel and the poundage> It's quit simple a little travel a shorter strut. A litlle weight a low poundage strut.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Let me know what you find out, I have a glass hood for my 65 chevelle I might like to try that on. Hey there rizzy! I have people in Akron, in Stow and Talmadge? And in Kent, where you running out of? I should be cruisin the area this summer, where do you guys usually run to on the week end?

Todd :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Car parts stores carry a full line of passenger car replacement struts. Amazing variety of sizes, attachment hardware, etc. has been produced over the years. Should be able to find exactly what you need there. Cost is in the range of $15 to $25 each.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I work at a parts store and have sold many of the shocks for hoods/hatches. They are fairly cheap at the Auto Value where I work...I'd say Napa, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, Fisher's, or your local Auto Value (or something similar) will have access to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts