Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, looking for a 1961 Ford Country Squire (Ranch wagon works also) gas tank. New, used, whatever. Thanks. I think 60-63 fit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Click on above.
Howdy, I found this as well, but the picture is not a wagon gas tank. All wagon gas tanks of this era have spare tire recesses. I sent a message to the seller, we'll see what he says. Thank 48 Autsin.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New message from: autopartsgeek Top Rated Seller(135,103RedShooting Star)
Austin this is what the eBay guy said:

Hello,
I am sorry but all the info we have about the parts are in the listing shown. We do not have any other details about the item. We stock over 600,000 items in our national chain of distribution warehouse, so we make every effort to ensure the info is in the listing and accurate.

We do not have any further info on the product.

Thank You,

Cherry
eBay Store Customer Service
Parts Geek LLC​

·
Registered
846 Posts
Lots of times the picture is generic and may not show the detail of the item you are interested in. I've done this before. Send a message to the seller and ask for a picture of the tank. If they have the tank in stock, a pic shouldn't be a big problem. Just about everyone has a cell phone with a camera. Tell the seller you need to confirm the tank will work for you and you're trying to avoid disappointment, wasted shipping, time, and $$.

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 4 bbl.
58 Posts
Lots of times the picture is generic and may not show the detail of the item you are interested in. I've done this before. Send a message to the seller and ask for a picture of the tank. If they have the tank in stock, a pic shouldn't be a big problem. Just about everyone has a cell phone with a camera. Tell the seller you need to confirm the tank will work for you and you're trying to avoid disappointment, wasted shipping, time, and $$.
X2 That's how it was when I got the gas tank for the Thunderbird, picture didn't match at all. It was a Spectra tank as well.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Spectra is a common supplier. I’d you have the Spectra parts number you might be able to special order it from a local store that allows returns (Autozone, etc.). If it doesn’t fit, then take it back.

Bruce

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called and they said the same thing they said in their email. "We do not have any further info on the product "

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like Ricks Tanks can build me a custom tank. However, they need measurements /dimensions. I looked in my manual and they don't show dimensions. Any thoughts where to get them?

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 4 bbl.
58 Posts
If it is anything like the 64 Thunderbird's it should have several indentations for strength and two for the tank straps which would be hard to duplicate. Then you might as well fab up custom mounting as well...

I hope you find a solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts