Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a hot rod shop to build a Studebaker Hawk I wish to purchase in the WI area. Car is rough and will require sheetmetal work. Work to be done includes frame work, installing big block chevy engine with automatic, back half, interior & body work. Thank you for your response

Mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like you are heading toward a major project that you are putting some elses control. Problem is you don't know who!

Have you thought about buying one that is done already? At first it may sound more expensive but I think anyone here will tell you they have spent more on the car than they can sell it for. You can change things to meet your liking (wheels- intake....) You may spend less going this route. Plus you get to test drive the car before you invest all your money!

Start with better metal at least. Good metal is cheaper in the long run if you are not going to to do the work yourself. The last thing you want is a pile of parts, hours and dollars and nothing to drive!

Not trying to be a buzz kill!!

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.