Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R Gassman
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am still trying to come up with a juice brake option for my 31 chevy front axle, without swapping the whole axle. Has anyone had any luck finding newer model drums/spindles and backing plates that will fit a 31 chevy stock axle?

Thanks again

Ron

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
I haven't found any that will bolt on. Major difference with spindle width. Newer stuff is shorter bearing to bearing.

If you have the facilities... I have used Ford Rotors and 78 up metric GM calopers with a simple fabbed 3/8" plate for caliper mount. Shorten, drill and re-thread the spindle. Match up bearings/seals to spindle.

Many years ago converted one to VW rotors with Vega calipers. Too much work...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
6 bolt wheels ?

I have some 20's chevy bodies, chassis and a late 40;s pickup front axle, have been collection info for a someday build. here's a link to using nissan 4 X 4.. 6 bolt rotors. the caliper brackers don't look neat, also check out 70's full size Blazer 4 X 4 combo backing plate caliper mount. or buy some caliper brackets from Speedway.
RIP Speedy Bill Smith

29-59 Chevy straight axle 6 lug disc brake project | The H.A.M.B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.