Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how to go about searching for a car that was sold in the 60’s I know this is beyond a needle in a hay stack. My grandfather always had some cool rides but this one really stuck with me he always told stories about it and always pulled this picture out to show us grandkids. It was sold and went to California in 1962. Trying to find this car is most likely not gonna happen but if I don’t try I will regret it the rest of my life. Any help please let me know.

·
More for Less Racer
19,761 Posts
Hsve you joined the H.A.M.B.(Hokey Ass Message Board) and posted the pic and search inquiry over there??

That vintage look is exactly what they are ALL about...nothing allowed on the site newer than a 1965 model year vehicle, they want to preserve "traditional" hotdodding.

Someone there may recognize it.

It is a cool old rod, nice !(y)

The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 4 bbl.
86 Posts
Very cool....Those HAMB guys are very dedicated. Link for those that want to keep up with the story...

Keep us informed here too please.
Thanks Poncho, I was looking for it over there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will for sure keep you guys updated. I’m gonna venture to say buying it is out of the question. With the cars history I bet it would be pricey. $$$!

·
Registered
105 Posts
As for buying it, your probably right, but you never know, money might not be the most important thing to current owner, maybe one day when he liquidates his collection he will sell for what you’re grandpa sold it for, just so it goes back to it right home.
Doubtful but hell stranger things have happened.

It definitely sounds like you and Dad are making a road trip somewhere, soon

·
Registered
865 Posts
It all depends on the present condition as far as price etc. That car was King of the Road in the late fifties and early sixties. Heck, I think it still is. I'd go for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
this is why i love automobiles... nothing brings people closer than the americana and heritage of the automobile

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As for buying it, your probably right, but you never know, money might not be the most important thing to current owner, maybe one day when he liquidates his collection he will sell for what you’re grandpa sold it for, just so it goes back to it right home.
Doubtful but hell stranger things have happened.

It definitely sounds like you and Dad are making a road trip somewhere, soon
[/QUOT
I sure hope your right about the road trip no doubt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It all depends on the present condition as far as price etc. That car was King of the Road in the late fifties and early sixties. Heck, I think it still is. I'd go for it.
it was for sure king of the road. That’s the kind of car that i pull over to look at while driving down the road lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok I read your post on H.A.M.B. If I read it correctly, Phil built the car and eventually sold it and at one point in time your grandpa bought it.

So you know the origin of the car but not where it is now, is this correct ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok I read your post on H.A.M.B. If I read it correctly, Phil built the car and eventually sold it and at one point in time your grandpa bought it.

So you know the origin of the car but not where it is now, is this correct ?
this is correct I have figured out everything except where it is now basically.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok so now I think you need to put it on Facebook and make it so it can be shared. Reason being is you need to contact the sons and daughters of possible owners of the car. Dad may have been a car guy but the kids didn’t follow his foot steps and if they did might not be on a web site for cars.

You need to get it in front of everyone’s eyes young and old.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 23 Posts