Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any info on where to get a fiberglass tonneau cover (ie McLaren Mustang) that would fit over the rear seat area of a 1991 Mustang Convertible. I drag race the car and I would prefer not to use canvas. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.
Don

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I can't say I know a place that sells them, but I'm sure their are some. You might want to contact mustang magazine, I'm sure they would be able to tell you. If not I can tell you how to make one, probably much cheaper than buying one.

HK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of making one, but I don't have a clue on how to make a mold. The convert top sticks up above the body, so I guess I would have to build something to go over that. Just not sure how to tackle it. I talked to a chassis shop and they said that what ever I use would have to be stiff (not canvas or anything flexible) so when the fiberglass hardens, it won't warp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you made any headway in finding one? I've been looking high and low for one for my 88 vert for a while. I was thinking of modifying a boot cover and extending it to cover the rear seats.
Let me know,
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts