Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a self employed electrical contractor located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
I also have a small shop for doing small fab & machine work.
4ft box & pan brake
52in shear
South Bend Lathe
Tree mill w/digital readout
Bead roller
Miller 330 tig welder
And other fab tools

Thanks
___
Bob Kraemer

·
Registered
547 Posts
Question??

I read this post last night when it was first posted.. when it still had his e/m address posted,, basically asking for work, as a electrican,, I started to post something then about treading on thin ice for breaking a rule,, but decided not to just to see what the outcome would be,, now after the edit,, only portions of his post are in the post.. why couldn't this be done in all the other case's,,
My Question is,, WHY is it ok to just edit out parts of this mans post and let it go,, when others do the same thing and catch holly hell for it,, like in the Eddie Paul post.. looks like selective editing to me,,, I thought the advertising rule applied to everyone ,, if you are going to chastise one person for breaking the rule then you need to chastise anyone else that breaks that same rule,, lets be consistant on this ,, OK???? :confused: :thumbup: nothing against you Poncho,, you are just doing your job,,,,

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Well Bill...that is something to think about. I guess if a Mod were the first one to make a reply or take action they could do that. But what do you do if 25 different folks all post and give a guy heck before a Mod gets there. On the Eddie thing....to me thats a whole different ballgame....in that case you had a celebrity come in here to promote his thing without having any professional courtesy to speak with jon by e-mail first. Its hard to explain, but there is in my mind a difference there just can't quite figure out how to explain it. But the electrician was just trying to get a little business...the celebrity was taking advantage of everyone on this site to promote some thing to feather his nest and make him a lot richer. The other fella is just trying to get by so to speak and was not taking advantage of all of us. I never heard of Eddie untill this thing came up....I went and looked at his site...was not impressed...now I have seen your work and your talent....and you do impress me. The car that you built in your Avitar is as good as they come. :thumbup: I would rather have you build me a car than Foose or Boyd , or any of that T-V bunch. But thats just me. :)

·
Administrator
18,399 Posts
...I editted the post....What I try to do is take out what is breaking the rule and leave the rest. Maybe, I should just delete the whole thing, but I feel that will discourage the poster from posting again. The poster has not asked what the heck is going on, so I figure he realizes why it was editted. Maybe, I should have added that we have a spot in the classifieds for Help/Jobs Wanted.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Henry!! Thanks for the nice compliments,, I appreciate that,,[ psst,, the checks in the mail] :D
Poncho!! I am not faulting you at all.. there are rules here and EVERYONE needs to obey them,, when I first read his post last night when he first posted it,, I thought ,, uh ooh,, here we go again,, I first thought of posting something about the rules,,but,,, I am not one to get involved in these controversial discussions, so I didn't , my personal observation was that , he was advertising for work,, advertising is the key word,, of course he was looking for work,, so was Mr Paul,, but the situation was handled differently between the two,,I think hardly ANYONE ever reads the rules when joining a site,, just skip them and punch agree,, so most don't really know ,,,,untill they get dumped,,,,then its a big surprise,,,and causes bad feeling among potental new members that might just be a benifit to HR.COM,,, but this is just My opinion,, and of course we all have one,, You do a GREAT job Poncho,, and we all appreciate you,, Bill :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry everyone for breaking the rules I didn't know.
I'm a self employed contractor who is struggling to make ends meet & pay bills so I thought I would post here to see if I could find some work to do.
Where can I post here to try and find work without breaking any rules?
Sorry again for breaking the rules & offending anyone.

Thanks & Take Care
Bob Kraemer

·
Administrator
18,399 Posts
Go to the top right of this page, where it says "Classifieds"......Click on that and go down the list to "Employment Wanted"......at the bottom.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bob Kraemer said:
Sorry everyone for breaking the rules I didn't know.
I'm a self employed contractor who is struggling to make ends meet & pay bills so I thought I would post here to see if I could find some work to do.
Where can I post here to try and find work without breaking any rules?
Sorry again for breaking the rules & offending anyone.

Thanks & Take Care
Bob Kraemer
Hi Bob,,,,,first of all,, WELCOME to HR.com...no need to apoligize for making a common mistake,, it happens regularly, and there was no misdeals intended on your part , simply looking for some work,, My only point was that sometimes people come on here and post something with advertising in mind,, that is not allowed here,, and with good reason,, and so a mod sees the post and edits out the link thats posted , and all is good to go,, then when some one else does the same thing , and if some people that post here see it before a mod does, then all hell breaks out,, and there seems to be alot of folks here that like to jump on the band wagon and downright get ugly,, and cause hard feelings , with people that could potentially be a real benefit to the site,, That part is what I am talking about,, My thoughts are,,, why not just edit the post like Poncho did with your's , post why the message was edited ; and let it rest,, no need for all the accusations and badmouthing of someone we don't even know,, thats my question,, so I think I have made my point clear now so I will rest my case :thumbup: Again WELCOME to the site,, Bill,,,, p.s. if you were in this area I would give you a good size job as I am just getting started on remodeling my house,, and I hate electrical work,,, :D

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Bob...Bill is right...You are Welcome and we are glad to have you with us here at Hotrodders. :welcome:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Did you try placing an ad on craigslist.org, if your willing to wade through emails from price shoppers and want something for nothing types, might get a job or two. Or maybe one of the freelancing sights? Also post a link to your webpage in your profile, which there isn't one right now. That is perfectly in the rules. I seen this too before it was edited. I just flagged it without replying or jumping on him for advertising. Been in the position before after losing a job a few years back. Luckily don't really have much to make payments on, other then keeping rent ect payed. This was no where near as offensive to me as monkeys in thongs. I hate anything to do with electrical, which is why there isn't electric to my garage. But really worth doing anything with limited main and a place I rent. Best of luck finding good work and getting caught up, and welcome to the site.

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
Bob Kraemer -- welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board :welcome:

Bad Rat -- Bob made an innocent and common mistake, got his post edited, and that's that. Not a big deal. Eddie Paul, on the other hand, is a marketer who is targeting hot rod forums in an attempt to generate publicity for his TV show. He's not so innocent, he knows exactly what he's doing. This forum was obviously recommended to him as a high-traffic place to generate some buzz. If that's not sufficient, or if you want to suggest revisions to the current advertising policy, post in the Site Suggestions and Help forum, and I'll take a look at what you have to say.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Jon,, I was not looking to open a can of worms about this,, I was just wondered why some post were simply edited, and all was cool,,like Poncho did with this one,,,, but others were edited and the person chastised and belittled, I guess you are right about these guys trying to use HR.C to their benifit,, and its not right ,,I just don't understand all the fuss that it generates,, why not just edit it or delete it and be done with it, but I know that people crave drama,,and that generates excitement,,,I fully agree with the GMG stand,, those guys deserved everything they got,,,I don't ever get involved in these conterversial discussions,and try to keep my thoughts and observations to myself, and probably should have not gotten involved in this one,, Sorry Jon,,, bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts