1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
With those widehides on the back I think it looks a little odd. And with a straight on rear shot something just doesn't look right. But I bet it would be a lot of fun. Maybe with a little paint on it would change the balance of it. What don't understand is that any trade must be in the $17,500.00 range but he will sell it for $13,500.00. Oh well...it's good to be broke at times I suppose.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks like the $17,500 # is left over from before his 'drastic price reduction' to $13,500 (thru Feb). He had it at $22,500 originally.

What concerns me is how high the front end is. Looks like, at least for me, I'd have to take it down to the bare chassis & make some serious suspension mods.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Me? I'd raise the front about 8 inches. Add in a single loop roll bar. cut the windshield to about 6 " Roll the center of the rear pan and widen the fenders to the inside of the tires and mold the bottoms of the rear fenders. Fill the frenched plate and move it to the center of the roll pan with a outie molded frame. Replace the lights with a nice set of 61 Catalina moved down to just below the existing body line. A single nerf to round out the back.
In the front a sectioned and smoothed 25 Dodge shroud and do something about that front crashbar. The bumper car crowd would love what is there. A nodrop straight axle and skinnies on undetermined wheels. That would do it for me even at 13.5 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally I think its a decent buy. $13,500 doesnt buy much these days. When you consider what these guys are peddling "Rat Rods" for this is in line for sure. Needs plenty....but has potential.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
The running gear and rolling chassis are worth close to what he's asking. A very good deal for someone with some time and a few bucks. Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts