Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,
I'm on a quest to find, and hopefully buy, my lost love. She is a 1968 Camaro, and I miss her so. :( These photos are from 1986-1989, and were taken at Williams AFB outside Phoenix AZ. I bought her when I was in the service at the age of 19, and deeply regret selling her 3 years later. since the moment I sold her, I wanted her back, and to this day, I still think about her every time I see another camaro. I've had others since her, but there is nothing like your first love. If anyone has any info, I would be most appreciative. I called the Arizona State Motor vehicle Department, and they can't give me any info because I don't have the Vin number anymore. But I do have the plate number(it was on an old speeding ticket in my military file :D ) The Arizona DMV could say that the car is still registered in Az. but for obvious reasons, can't give me anymore info than that. I sold it in Sept of 1989 in Mesa Az. and saw it later the next year driven by a guy in the same town. I'm pretty sure it's still in the Phoenix area. I don't care what shape she is in, I just want her back.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have an idea that MIGHT work, but it is going to require a little leg work. Here in Houston, TX when a car gets impounded it is placed in storage. Within 24 hours they have to mail out a registered letter to the last registered owner. They get the mailing info through a computer database that is tied into the state DMV. They can trace a car by VIN or plate number. I know this because I used to work at a storage lot for impounded cars. Now, what you might try to do is get in touch with an impound yard in AZ and see if they will do that for you. Of course you may have to "grease the wheel" :mwink: . You may have better luck getting a wrecker driver to get it done for you. He or she will do the same thing with a storage lot they deal with, but again, you will have to most likely "grease the wheel". Wrecker drivers and storage lots are a close knit group. The storage lot I used to work at "charged" $10 bucks to this every now and then. I'm sure it is more now though. Just be honest and explain the situation, so they won't think you're a psycho stalker or something.

An idea I saw on an old episode of The Rockford Files, was to call the police to report a car parked on your property. Explain that you don't really want to cause the owners any trouble, you just want to call them and see if they could remove it. They gave ole Jimbo the phone number. Heck, it might work in real life.

Oh, one more thing. Tfeverfred assumes no liability for any legal or financial repercusions that may rise out of this venture. He shares this info in the spirit of the shared information act of 1997. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya Steve,
I let this one go for $1,000.00 and a beat-up fiat spyder because my girlfriend thought it was too loud. :drunk: I had just put over $1,000.00 worth of paint on it. And I painted it myself! I should have dumped her BEFORE I sold the car. :mad:

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.