Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me say Hello and I hope to be around this forum alot, seem to be alot of smart people and good info!

Ok on to the tech,

Got an olds 455. Had a Holley 750 Double Pumper, today I put on a Brand new Edelbrock 750 performer with electric choke.

It starts easier and seems smoother, but that low end and almost all power and torque feel like it has gone away.

Any tips or thoughts are greatly apreciated! :welcome:

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
littlehandegan said:
Well let me say Hello and I hope to be around this forum alot, seem to be alot of smart people and good info!

Ok on to the tech,

Got an olds 455. Had a Holley 750 Double Pumper, today I put on a Brand new Edelbrock 750 performer with electric choke.

It starts easier and seems smoother, but that low end and almost all power and torque feel like it has gone away.

Any tips or thoughts are greatly apreciated! :welcome:
I've personally never had any "good" luck with Edelbrock carbs but I also don't know that much about them to be an expert. I swear by Holley and that's all I will ever use. Hope you can get the issue resolved with the Edelbrock but if not, go back with a Holley.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Where should I pick up the metering rods and jets n stuff?

Its a 71 455 I beleive, it has the "G" heads on it. Its got headers, HEI ignition, and thats all that I can see.

Its in a 69 Cutlass "S". With the holley, (and this edelbrock) I have been getting some spark knock one I really get into it. I need to mess with my timing and go ahead and tune the carb, It sucks losing all the power....

:welcome:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I will go ahead and order that.

This is my first carburated V8, and only my second carb'd car. (Im a youngin' only 18).

How hard is this all to do? Im guessing the manual will have some instructions.

It has an Edelbrock Olds 455 performer mani on it. I have been running 93 octane plus octane booster to try and reduce the knocking.

I was going to drop it off to let a local guy set the timing, and maybe stick around to learn a few things.

I apreciate the quick and intelligent responses! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.