Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone told me that it was a loose rocker arm. They told me how to fix it but due to bad memory can't remember how. So I wonder does anyone know how to fix this? I know they told me that I can't just tighten down the nut that I'd have to take off the rocker arm and manually turn over the motor and figure out when the valve was fully open and then put the rocker arm back on. How would I know when it was fully open?

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
Someone told me that it was a loose rocker arm. They told me how to fix it but due to bad memory can't remember how. So I wonder does anyone know how to fix this? I know they told me that I can't just tighten down the nut that I'd have to take off the rocker arm and manually turn over the motor and figure out when the valve was fully open and then put the rocker arm back on. How would I know when it was fully open?
First thing you need to do is put down Make model year and engine size! There are many configurations of valve trains we need info to answer your question:thumbup:

Jester

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
TDC of that cyl is needed

that way both valves are CLOSED... loosen the rocker, the start twisting the push rod while tighting down the rocker nut.. when it starts to not be able to turn then tighten another 1/2 to 3/4 turn... done !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.