Hot Rod Forum banner

How should the lounge be moderated.

• Moderators should leave all posts untouched in the lounge, this includes profanity, personal attacks

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Moderators should continue on their current course of action and only remove blatantly offensive/imf

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • Moderators should become even more active in the removal of all offensive material. Essentially a G

Votes: 8 10.1%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please vote for your preference in the above poll, your input is highly valued.

Thank you, Chuck.

·
Kenneth Howard hates me...
129 Posts
R

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
I like a fairly clean, pg13 board. It's nice when people treat each other decent and with respect. Like adults should. with a healthy regard for the younger genration.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Give a hoot! Don't pollute!

It is official. I have turned into my old man. Let's knock off the cutsey ways of spelling profanity and all of the kindergarten insults. Let the dump run amok. The way it is now, you only get there on purpose. You don't accidentally end up there. A lot of the newcomers have mentioned that this is a "clean" board and they are glad to join. Let's keep it that way. Let the dump do what it will. New posts gallore! Leave the rest of the forums as they are.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled hot rod forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem with an R rating is things slip into X rated to easily, can someone define what the difference between an R rating and an X rating would be on a Hotrod site?:confused:

Quantifying this might be more difficult than you realize.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Not enough options to vote for.

R is a step above pg13. So there is occasional dirty words sneaking by the filters so what? Its a misspelled word, are they going to go after all the people who misspell word...they should you know to be fair about it. The majority of people posting about the censorship are against it but it dosn't matter, somebody complained and so now everybody suffers??? Some of The guests in Jon's house are not happy, some could care less.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
77 Posts
now if you think, this isn't just jon's house. if we were'nt here, HR.com wouldn't be here. we make it what it is. the top hot rodding forum. if we weren't here, nobody would know about it. there's over 25,000 people on here, now if it were only jon and the mods, what kind of place would this be?

not a very big one. and sure as s.... crap not the top forum.

we're the majority, we should speak.

besides, what kind of poll is that? G, PG-13, or X? c'mon. my prespectiong of PG-13 is alot different than yours. there is still cussing, and nudity, and beer, and weed, and ect. this is turning into G. not pg-13

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
the problem is that every one has a different interpretation of r,x pg-13 and so on i don't mean to sound negative but no matter how hard you try someone is not going to be happy your not going to please everyone. i think that the way it is now is the most practical way of dealing with it every now and then a mod may raise a few eyebrows but thats life make the best of it. its not easy to be a mod. i don't envy there position at all because its dammed if you do and dammed if you don't:cool:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
moderation

I personally feel the mods do a great job with this site... I visit maybe 5 to 7 car forums like this every day maybe 4 or 5 times each. Hands down this is the best site out there.... I think thats so because the mod's keep the place in check.... I am a big boy and i can wade through all the cussing and little cute letters that indicate what the person is trying to say. I can also just not read the threads that i don't like. but the fact is it's john place and we play by his rules. I just so happen to like his rules and if i did not i could just leave...... I quit posting on a few sites because the flame jobs got so out of hand. I just don't even go there any more. It's funny because you can see all those places just going down hill while this forum continues to grow.... I have a nephew that is 4 years old. I see a glimmer of a motor head in him. I hope in the next few years i can read this site with him and not worry about what he is going to see.....

I would be willing to bet all the same people that complained about the drug thread being removed would report me if i started a thread explaining the bible and why with out a personal relationship with christ you will not be going to heaven......

Keith

·
Banned
431 Posts
i want to vote for "how things were before the crack down".

so maybe out of the three, i vote 1.75 (in between the first and second) ;)

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
well honestly what's the point for the pole then? Do absolutely nothing or keep goign the way it has been with people getting kinda upset about over-moderation? Moderators have been moderating more lately. Personally, I don't think they should. Hey man, if something gets way out of hand, that's what the dump is for. But micro-managing and screening through line after line of posts for a naughty word is kinda nuts.

K

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
The mods do a great job. I never question them. They're like the policemen of the board. They do their job and most people know when they get out of hand. So, get over it.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
38 special said:
The mods do a great job. I never question them. They're like the policemen of the board. They do their job and most people know when they get out of hand. So, get over it.
Just because you don't question anything that comes your way doesn't mean the rest of us have the same idea. I was assuming this thread was created for just this kind of discussion.

I've never once been scolded by a mod, so I assume that means I'm not saying this with a personal end in mind.

I don't think the mods always do a "great" job. I think they try hard, they aim to make this place better and they make mistakes and over-shoots just like anybody else. I think its important when they're trying to solve a problem that's getting as nit-picky as this one for some of us who don't have a subjective viewpoint on it to step back and remind them of what we see as the big picture. THe mods aren't perfect just because they're mods. Assuming that is just ignorant, but I think each and ever last one of them is a good guy and they do a tough job.

That's all I'm trying to say.

K:drunk:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
You are way out of line young man, and as of now, you are on double-secret probation. As a matter of fact, you are under arrest. You will be dumped, locked, edited and some other nasty things I haven't even thought of yet. --Oh yeah, you're banned too. That's it, and I'm getting the soap out to wash that mouth out.

Boy, you in a heap o' trouble.

I've never once been scolded by a mod, so I assume that means I'm not saying this with a personal end in mind.
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

3,214 Posts
The mods here have a hard, thankless job. It doesn't matter what they do, it is wrong in someone's eyes. I do not agree with everything that I have seen done by them, but I have seen alot of nonsense on this board lately that needs to be controlled. There have been posts that have contained nothing but bad information and intended only to cause arguements.

The posts on this board do not only reflect on the person that is posting, it reflects on all of us. People, including me, come here for help, information, and friendships. Posts that are arguementative and contain profanity are of no assistance to anyone. People here have complained about the crack down on the profanity, claiming that it is too strict. I guess we should have some lee-way on this. Maybe a rule that says "each post could have "X" number of 4 letter words". "If there are more than the "X" number of words it would be a violation". Well, then there would be someone that would say that one more word wouldn't hurt a thing. There have to be limits people, if you have a problem with that, you have a problem with life.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
NAIRB said:
You are way out of line young man, and as of now, you are on double-secret probation. As a matter of fact, you are under arrest. You will be dumped, locked, edited and some other nasty things I haven't even thought of yet. --Oh yeah, you're banned too. That's it, and I'm getting the soap out to wash that mouth out.

Boy, you in a heap o' trouble.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

dayyyyuuummm!!!

I got OWNED.

K:p

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of a 1978 R. Not quite an R from the 50's, but a far sight from the R we have in 2K5.

:thumbup:

and as far as OVER MODERATED go play around at www.cornercarvers.com ..... see how far you get there..... I'll skip straight to the double dog dare.

then come back and complain about censorship. the "if you don't like it you can leave" goes two ways.

this site will not be the worse for a little higher quality of behavior.

someone recently started a thread asking who Kaylah was. She'd still be here if it was a little less abrasive.
she among many others I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts