Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
Yeah, it kinda makes it look like nobody likes it here. I mean, the average posts per user has been reduced dramatically.

I still don't see the point, but, obviously some "big wheel" or moderator decided he/she needed to look more important, than the guys who post in the lounge. I don't get it, really what has been accomplished?

bonuts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
bonuts said:
Yeah, it kinda makes it look like nobody likes it here. I mean, the average posts per user has been reduced dramatically.

bonuts
excellent point.

Seeing somany people with thousands of posts when i joined made me think this must really be a great place, you won't get that impression now.

Weimer, Chevy Luvin Puppy, 4Jaw Chick, 40fordtruck_son and others are probably back to new member status now, does that mean their custom avatar is revoked?

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
no ghetto, you had like 2000, I checked yesterday.

The fun thing about this is now you will see who's concerned about post counts, because you'll see people flooding the tech forums with short, one line answers just to stick their nose in and either confirm what somebody else has said or provide virtuatually no information at all.

Jon if you're going to do this I would suggest that you make the post readout reflect that only tech forum posts are counted so that the newbs don't get confused. NO other forum is like this.

K

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks killerformula -- I know I do have some adjustments to make to prevent some confusion. And, no matter what's done, people will still end up asking "why isn't my post count going up...".

I agree with you on the short posts in tech forums, and the mods will be on the lookout for post-boosters. Screwing around in the Lounge is one thing, it's not going to be accepted in the tech forums.

·
Laissez les bons temps rouler
168 Posts
dang, I feel like such a newbie again.

Oh well.

Chris

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hahaha..........289 aint all that bad:D

And Willys is the top poster, followed by Chuck, BOBCARMAN and then Poncho.

Mike

edit: what about the Introduce Yourself forum?

·
Administrator
18,486 Posts
Yeah....I went from 3rd to 4th..............Didn't see that coming..

I guess Bob is the "Technowizard"...

What happened to Crazy Larry...................dropped about 20 spots, the old "Lounge Lizzard"

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Nightfire said:
Hahaha..........289 aint all that bad:D

And Willys is the top poster, followed by Chuck, BOBCARMAN and then Poncho.

Mike

edit: what about the Introduce Yourself forum?
Ha ha, how many times are you going to introduce yourself mike?!:confused: :p

K

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
killerformula said:
no ghetto, you had like 2000, I checked yesterday.

K
No dude, if you do the search right you get this for my posts in the lounge. Poncho and I both got it yesterday.

Displaying Topics 1 to 25 of 1109

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
No dude, if you do the search right you get this for my posts in the lounge. Poncho and I both got it yesterday.

Displaying Topics 1 to 25 of 1109
You're referencing the number of THREADS you've posted in in the lounge:

Is this the number you got? These are the number of lounge threads you've posted in

THESE however, are all your individual POSTS in the lounge. When you searched you didn't change the default "show results in threads" to "show results as posts"

See?

K

·
axes wayy too many questions
311 Posts
Jeezus....i had 700 posts in the lounge.

I need a life.

I'm out to go see what knowledge of mine is needed in the other forums.

Alex:smash:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts