Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Learning from your mistakes
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I was so excited to finally be able to hook up my LED teardrop taillights and see how bright they are, considering my last car was rear ended I'm putting a lot of effort into making the back of this one light up like the morning star when I hit the brakes.
Anyways, I am using the '39 ford LED teardrop lights from speedway. I hook them up and turn on my light switch, check the wire in the back with a voltmeter, and I have 12 volts there, so that's good. Hook up the light and nothing happens. there are three wires, green, white, and black. I assume black is ground, so it went to ground, tried hooking power source to both green and white and nothing happened, even tried it to both at same time. took light up to battery, touched it to terminals, nothing! Did continuity check between ground and green/white, no signal. Just to check one more thing, I took another light I had (2 actually) and hooked them to the same ground I had been using and to the power source and both came on.
Do I have two bad lights or am I not hooking something up correctly. Incidentally, I am also having a problem at the moment with the brake fuse blowing when the pedal is depressed, but I believe that is a short due to 2 other suspect wires. Just want to mention it since I think the brake light is tied into the park lights at the fuse block. anyone else with an EZ-wiring harness that can explain how the taillights function?

·
Learning from your mistakes
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately I don't have signal lights working yet, my column didn't come with a connector plug so I gotta find one before the column gets connected. What confuses me so much about these lights is that I have 12 volts at the wire in the back, and I took some little courtesy lights i had lying around and hooked them in and they lit up. Even did it with a 12 volt LED I had lying around and it lit up. I've been thinking of more stuff while typing this, so I'm gonna check a few loose ends that may be shorting, probably can explain my brake fuse that way. But I'm still very confused why I can't get a positive continuity check (ohm meter set to beep when connection made between leads) on the tail lights.
If anyone else has any thoughts, please send them my way, I'm thankful for anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.