Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 MGB with a V8, rover 3.5, the old aluminum Buick 215. At any rate it can get pretty hot on a summers run over the BC mountians. I want to get some louvers cut into a piece of metal and weld them into the engine bay to dump some of that V8 heat. Does any one know where I could get some 6" luver (or 5") cut?

Brude

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
you will have trouble getting a louvre cut unless you have some good metal men locally. i have used the back panel from a commercial beverage cooler that was junked. some of the older ones have removable panels on the back so they can be serviced and the panels are vented, check out an old established heating and cooling co, or a scrap metal place. or sheet metal contractor.

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
MGBV8 Wow! That's a lot of engine for a car that size. My dad use to have one. Fun but a bit different to drive. Move the steering wheel just a little and it goes. Direct drive I believe isn't it? Anyway, maybe I can help you with louvres. When you say five or six inches I take it you mean in length. Does the width matter to you any. I make louvred grills at work and can cut them any size you want. I have two different widths. but would have to check the size for you.
P. M. me if your interested.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is it a part you can remove? I know of a guy in Vancouver WA that louvered the hood on my truck for me. If you could remove the panel and send it to him, you possibly could avoid the welding which is always messy. He was inexpensive, just does it as a hobby.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All
A fellow in Portland has been located and I should have the 6" louvers this week.

Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts