Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone: Lookin to slam my 59 Ford Ranchero down to the ground with some low cost air bags and I checked out a few sites like Air Ride but they are around $2750 or so. Any cheaper kits out there and if so how difficult to install? I have welders and a lift in the shop so I know I can handle it. We cut a coil out last year in the front and put in one inch lowering blocks in the rear leaf springs, but want it lower. Any one do a 59 here? :thumbup:

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
air springs

hi,theres a co. on page 48 and 49 of the march 2007 rod and custom. complete kit is $998.00, havent bought it,so cant give a reference.( if you are a subscriber) you get the mag ahead of time. 1=800-560-5754 sorry ,cant add the company name.against hotrodderrs rules. boatbob2

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
boatbob2 said:
sorry ,cant add the company name.against hotrodderrs rules.
My understanding of the rules is that you can provide the co. name in an instance like this providing you are not directly linked to the co. or receive any sort of monetary gain from the plug. Maybe a mod can clarify for sure...but these are the kinds of helpful hints we provide on the forum quite often.

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
air bags

hi,heres some more info on these air bags, the co name is air ride professional,phone # is 1-800-560-5754. i am NOT associated with this company. and have no first hand info on this item. im boatbob2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks boatbob2. I just happen to have that new issue of R&C and sure enough, got the info. Just seems to be a little more complicated than it looks. I'll have to call them for a little more guidence. I don't want to do a 'frame off' with this car, so hopefully I can get access to the rear bag mounts through the rear bed. :welcome:

·
Registered
42 Posts
please promise me you will not buy from them i will warn you now they are affliated with a company call AIM INDUSTRIES they sell GARBAGE. I know first hand from experiance. www.suicidedoors.com is your best bet. this company will do everything in is power to help you and have your air kits for 1000 bucks. they sell nothing but quality and have excellent customer service.try getting that from air ride pro. not gonna happan. i do not work for either company i`m just a comsumer like you. it`s just my opinoin but please consider it.
suicide doors.com
812-782-3581
francisco,IN.47649

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
cboy said:
My understanding of the rules is that you can provide the co. name in an instance like this providing you are not directly linked to the co. or receive any sort of monetary gain from the plug. Maybe a mod can clarify for sure...but these are the kinds of helpful hints we provide on the forum quite often.
WE do allow the posting of links that can provide info to the individual..we do not allow the posting of links that are advertising in nature..we can tell the difference between posting an informational link and a buy my stuff link..

Sam

·
Registered
42 Posts
i`m not trying to plug but i know thats what it seems. i`m mearly trying to guide my fellow consumer. in the pervious post BOATBOB2 states he has no first hand experiance with air ride pro. I do. and i`m mearly trying to stray other forum members and warn them as much as possible. Again am sorry just putting my opinion out their

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Your opinion is fine..........and links are fine as long as you are not affiliated to the company.

If you had a problem with this company, you can go into our Company Reveiws section and file a report...........And also, if someone has something good to say about a certain company, they can do that too. This part gets overlooked sometimes, and we only hear about the bad stuff.

·
Registered
296 Posts
just to knock the apple out of the tree .... we are in no way shape or form affiliated with, part of, existance of, or a DBA with or of "Air Ride Pro"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.