Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 28 Model A w/Mustang II front suspension and would like to lower the front end a bit. I currently have P185/75R14 tires on it and since it is time for new rubber now would be the time to lower it. My question is if I change to 175/65R14 or P175/70R14 what would be the reduction in ride height? I don't want to go to 60 series tires because I have motorcycle style fenders on the front and I don't have the room for wider rims w/o remaking the front fenders.
Thanks - Jerry

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't think that you can get a definite answer except from your tire dealer. We had a rubbing problem on a friend's 40 Ford. He switched brands of tires on front, stayed with same size, kept same wheels, and the problem was gone. Best way to find out about height difference is to ask your tire dealer. I've always been able to get them to experiment with different sizes till we get what we want on my cars. Good luck........hope this will help you a little

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yup, dropped spindles are available for MII front ends, but the question was about tire size for the rubber rake. Dropped spindle will definitely drop the front end.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lowering front suspension

Bates K - Thanks for the link, it gave me the information I need. To the rest of the guys thanks for your help, as to the dropped spindles, that would have been to much of a drop.
Thanks - Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts