Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am in need of some advice! I am looking to lower my Silverado two inches in the rear, and I am wondering if I will need to buy just shackles or if I will need a hanger and new drop shocks and all that good EXPENSIVE stuff! lol Thanks in advanced to all who give input and advice!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know where I could find a kit like that? I am just a typical jegs/summit buyer and I saw a set of 2 inch shackles for like 60$

·
Administrator
18,568 Posts
I believe your rear axle is under the leaf springs, so drop blocks wont work for you. You need a drop shackle kit. Most speed shops will be able to get them for you, about $50. For 2", you should be fine with your stock shocks. I am looking to do the same with my 97

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I believe your rear axle is under the leaf springs, so drop blocks wont work for you. You need a drop shackle kit. Most speed shops will be able to get them for you, about $50. For 2", you should be fine with your stock shocks. I am looking to do the same with my 97

Yes sir, you are correct. Drop blocks dont work on the 88-99 GMT 400 trucks as the axle is underneath the springs.
Shackles will work just fine.

peace
Hog

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Might get by, by flipping the hangers and shackles from side to side. I know that works on some Fords but not sure about the Chevy

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
3 in the front and 2 in the back is gonna look kinda dorky. Especially with a longer truck. Aim for 4" in the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts