Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 1959 chevy apache and i want to lower the back end about 3-4 inches. It has a four leaf pack and i was wondering if i took out one of the springs would that give me the lowering im looking for? Also will this still be enough support for daily driving. the truck wont see any hauling the most would be 100 pounds of bikes. any help would be apreciated.

thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:D

As one of the Moderators here.....let me be the first to WELCOME you here........:welcome:

There are companies that make mono leaf springs for your application that will lower your truck and improve the ride. That's the route I suggest.

OR...you can take out a leaf.
OR ..a spring shop can de-arch your springs
OR ... you can reverse the eyes and get some lower

:thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much do think it would cost to have a spring shop de arch my springs. I was thinking that might be a good route to go so i can keep the capacity in the back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had a place in san antonio RE-arch my springs about 4 years ago and it was less than 100$. Not positive of the name but i think it was ace spring, will have to search the yellow pages for you..
edit...ok, got yellow pages it is called ace spring service. its in san antonio so its not to far from you. Not positive they will de-arch your springs, but can call and ask
their number is 1-800-5942058

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
5.0Falcon said:
what does removing a leaf do to the ride?

i had only heard of de-arching

It reduces the spring rate............so it settles more and also, as a side benefit, rides a little softer.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey guys,
is running a monoleaf dangerous? I have a monoleaf setup (with air ride) in my fairlane (switching to 4 link soon) but, i was just wondering how safe it was. Someone told me that the spring would snap, but if it was so dangerous, wouldn't air ride tech say something about it, or not sell monoleaf setups, and only deal in 4 links? Thanks a bunch!

~Frank~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.