Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
yes sir that will bolt right up with out a problem. you will have to leave one bolt out of the transmission because the block is not drilled for it. I think it was on the right side of the bell housing. They say that if you try and drill it out and tap it you will hit a cylinder, but that i don't know for sure.

Only a question why don't you go to something like a 4L60e or 4l80e? The LS ecm will control that tranny no problem. Just an idea.

Hope this helps

John

·
Smile if you know Jesus
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just another idea brewing in my head.

I will already have a 700r4/4l60 in operation and would like to not spend the $$$$ on another trans.

So, a question (or two) to your reply (which may be grounds to a new post):

How easy is it to get an LS ECU to work with a 700R4?

Does the LS ECU just need the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input as with the TPI ECU?

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
I believe you will find trhat you need a spacer for the converter pilot hub to crank shaft for proper alignment.

And the bolt pattern for the converter on the flywheel needs to be re-drilled for the 700-r4 converter.

you can slide the elctronic speed-O reluctor onto the out put shaft and use the speed-O sensor that fits the 700 case

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.