Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Summit salesman told me that most of the Chevy connect and cruise systems are not longer available, has anyone else heard this? What else should I use for an LS3 and 4L70E.
I really don't want to use a junk yard engine and have to mess with programming it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Try the Painless wiring website. You might also contact Speartech. They can provide you with the correct harness and computer and Painless can provide the correct connectors to adapt to most vehicles. Think Speartech can as well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i do not think he is talking about a harness more like a whole engine and tranny package

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to be vague but I don't know how else to word it. I have checked with two other suppliers and Chevy is at least temporally not producing the Connect and Cruise line. This is when you buy the engine, transmission, and controllers together.
I bought an assembled 530 HP LS376 with 4L70E transmission and controllers from Blueprint Engines. This comes totally assembled as one piece with engine, flex plate, torque converter, and transmission in one piece. All controllers, wiring, throttle pedal, O2 sensors etc. are supplied in one box.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I purchased an LS3/480 several years back with an OEM computer and harness. Then I was told that it did not have provision for an A/C hookup. The harness will get used on another engine that I will build myself. In the mean time I ordered a harness that was a direct connect to fit the engine in an S10 and use the stock guages. I figured if cgates could not get the connect and cruise from GM, he could order the crate engine and a trans and either of those two companies could supply a readymade harness and computer. Seems like he already has his answer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts