42 est
55 defective ecm
54 fuel pump relay
53 system voltage high
51 ecm prom error

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Take it to a GM dealer, pay the man to put it on a diagnostic machine, and get a printout on the results. You will be far richer in the end rather than throwing money at it. All the codes you have will just give you an idea what's wrong. 1 or 2 things can produce several codes but can't tell you what the problem is. The diagnostic machine will pinpoint it. Trust me, I've been there. :D

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
6,391 Posts
I would check the power feed for the ignition and the engine grounds first. All those codes make me think you have a ground missing. You have conflicting codes, that is usually a power or ground issue. I have see a bad alternator that is leaking ac voltage also cause these types of issues. You can prove it one way or the other by pulling the belt. My be is a ground issue because after you replaced the dist it worked for a while.

·
Licenced Automotive Technician
1,625 Posts
sqzbox said:
Take it to a GM dealer, pay the man to put it on a diagnostic machine, and get a printout on the results. You will be far richer in the end rather than throwing money at it. All the codes you have will just give you an idea what's wrong. 1 or 2 things can produce several codes but can't tell you what the problem is. The diagnostic machine will pinpoint it. Trust me, I've been there. :D

The diagnostic machine does not pinpoint the problem. It is the tech using it that does that. The codes and the #'s don't mean anything if you don't have the skills and training to understand what they mean, and how they can interrelate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i disconnected the bat it will run only at idle untle i reved up the engion then let it go back to idle and then went dead tryed to cranke it back up ran 3 secons then went dead. i then disconnected bat then tryed agean it ran at idle untile i steped on the gas

·
all jacked up on mountain dew
66 Posts
try this turn the key to run leave it on till the security light goes off shout take 15 minutes once it goes off turn key off then right back to run till the light goes off again bout the same time 15 minutes then do the same deal twice more 4 times altogether takes about 45 minutes after you turn to off the fourth time crank it up and see how it does

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.