Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Quadrajet M4ME, #17084226 with original intake manifold on the 305 I'm rebuilding. This is going in my 56 Chevy Truck. Should I change to the 2101 Intake? Will this Quadrajet work ok without the EGR and ither smog stuff or should I find another carb as well? Or should I just stick with what I have? My first inclination -- wallet you know! :rolleyes:

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
6,304 Posts
The 2101 and a Qjet is a great combo. I have done many chevys with a non-EGR Qjet and its great.

Edit... Oh, you have the M4ME... that's the electric, right? It won't run right in anything but a stock application. It might be close enough to run, but it won't be right. Head to a junkyard, get a non-electric Qjet that is the same year range so your parts will change over, rebuild it and rejet it with the correct size jets if they're not already in there and you'll have a winner.

The electric part controls idle mixture and it can't really be altered or removed.

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
well unless you have the ECM and harness and all the engine sensors intact then you need to dump the E4ME it wont run without the entire ECM system intact and all the sensors, and EST/ESC style distributor also

EGR has nothing to do with any of this at all

if the truck is not a race truck or anything like that then a stock carb would be great, for mileage and throttle response,in whch the Q jets have alot of, compared to virtually any other carb out there

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.