Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a electric fuel pump and switched to a machanical one.
There is 3 outlets on Pump. I know one that is to left is for line from tank and the right one is for the hose to the carb.
What is the middle one for??? All so can I use rubber hose
from tank to carb. The steel lines that are on the 49 pickup are spliced at 4 places with rubber hose. This is for a 350 SBC with a 650 holly

Trying to Learn more everyday
Marcus

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
One is a feed line from the tank. One is a feed from the pump to the carb. And the other is a return line to that tank. You can get one that just has the feed lines or you can just plug the return line if you aren't going to use it. But plug it well!

Normally you want to use a combination of steel and flex lines. However in my experience you want to use as much steel as possible as its a bit stronger. Use rubber at joins to allow things to shift and not crack.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
If you do not have a return on your ride back to the tank,return the 3 port pump and get a 2 port one.Make sure the outlet is positioned correctely,some I have seen have the outlet side nipple facing way to the right,meaning more fuel line,with more bends in it,this makes for problems with rubber lines only though,they get stress and heat cracks at the bends and eventually fail.Like Siggy said,always best to use steel,or braided line if you have the $$$$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts