Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an engine block that has experienced hydrolock. It is off a VW 4 cyl turbodiesel and bent rods 2 and 3. Is it a given that the block and crank be magnfluxed before they are reused?

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Welcome to the board. You are new so don’t know the ins and outs yet. This forum is intended for general introductions only. Tech questions posted here don’t get the coverage they deserve. Repost your question in the proper forum and it will have a good chance of being answered.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
YES! have the block magged. I have seen hydro-lock split cylinder walls. Also have crank checked for index. I once had a steel Chevy crank (out of a locked engine) that had the front rod journal twisted almost five degrees.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
I would toss the whole engine before spending any money on it, these engines are a dime a dozen...not worth your time. A hydraulic locked diesel is like a safe that had a bomb go off inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.