Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am currently in the stages of putting together my bottom end for my 383 stroker. I do not plan on re-using the old main cap bolts as they have seen better days and I would rather replace them than worry. The block is a 4-bolt and my question is what aftermarket main bolts have you guys found reliable and strong in your engines? The engine (when finished) will probably put out around 350-400 ft/lbs so what company do you reccommend I buy the main bolts from?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Keith

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
sexypizzaman said:
Hey guys I am currently in the stages of putting together my bottom end for my 383 stroker. I do not plan on re-using the old main cap bolts as they have seen better days and I would rather replace them than worry. The block is a 4-bolt and my question is what aftermarket main bolts have you guys found reliable and strong in your engines? The engine (when finished) will probably put out around 350-400 ft/lbs so what company do you reccommend I buy the main bolts from?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Keith
Keith

We use all ARP hardware on the blocks we machine and the engines we build and when changing to a different fastener the block should be line honed as it will tell you that in the instructions. If your building a performance peice you should be line honed any ways to take all the guess work out.

·
ASE Certified Master Machinist
1967 Chevrolet Biscayne 10-71 blown 433 Big Block Chevy, T400 & 12 bolt 3.73 rearend
334 Posts
^^^^^^ What CNC said. When ever doing a performance build or changing style and/or manufacturer of fasteners, align hone the block.

Barry

·
Registered
26 Posts
also if reuseing crank might want to have it check for any warpage and out of round and taper. but then again most the time in a perforamance rebuild that is a new part not a reused. and for the bolts i agree ARP expensive but well worth it in the long run..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.