Hot Rod Forum banner

Making a drag racer

870 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bigbadbowtie 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of making a drag racer out of my StreetBeasts 66 Cobra. I have not assembled it yet. What are the issues with making it a drag racer? NHRA rules for a fiberglass kit car? Who can assemble this into a drag racer? Who can I talk to?

Thanks,
Michael

#3 ·
mrcare said:
I'm thinking of making a drag racer out of my StreetBeasts 66 Cobra. I have not assembled it yet. What are the issues with making it a drag racer? NHRA rules for a fiberglass kit car? Who can assemble this into a drag racer? Who can I talk to?

Thanks,
Michael
The Nhra and IHRA have rule books that will specify all that you would need to know. There are different classes that have specific modes and safety requirements that change as the ET gets lower and the speed gets faster. I would check in with them at their web sites. Getting a membership will get you a rule book.

#5 ·
No rule books online. You can order a NHRA rule book for 10.00....it might be 12.00 now. 99.9% of the time if it passes NHRA rules it will pass IHRA rules.

In all honesty.... it depends on how fast you want to go.

Rules can range from just needing a helmet and long pants to SFI approved EVERYTHING.

What are your plans? I can give some basic info, as I have been drag racing for quite a few years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.