Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:pimp: my is jason i live in cypress ca i just bought a 1968 mustang and its going under some work.and i need some help on the motor its a 289 i want to make it rip some ***.so i need some tips

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
twin turbo... build using blower pistions with the correct dish to achive 8.5:1 comp with a set of good flowing heads ( trick flow twisted wedge would work good ). Turbo cam with no or little overlap. use 2 genuine Garret T4 S3 trim turbos, .60/.48 A/R, with an intercooler, and you will make 4-500 HP but maintain full streetability because a turbo only spools when it needs to.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
red65mustang said:
speed=$$$$

what is your budget, how much can you spend?
yep, that's what it boils down to. but add $1k to the final cost, because you need to cover parts that you didn't think you would need to buy.

for me, I figured I would have $2,500 invested in my 200 I6 turbo engine, using all good parts, added costs and everything. well, I found out, I needed a new balancer ( $139 ), prolly going to need 12 new valves. rememberd that I will actully need a fuel pump so I paid $166 for a new Holley TBI 12927 fuel pump, and I'm going to need a $120 Aeromotive fuel preassure regulator. right now, I'm over $3,000 and I still need valve springs and retainers, the Fuel preassure regulator, and at least 2 new valves, not to mention a wastegate, throttle linkages, new Alloy valve cover nessasary to clear the full Roller rockers I bought. all in all, it's going to cost right around $4,000 for everything, it adds up....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.