Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gentleman,
I have a 58 Chevy Cameo truck, I have put in it an 85 C4 Corvette front&rear suspension, and have also put the cars L98 TPI /700R4 engine and transmission
from the corvette, My ? to you is, I have the original wiring harness and ECM box from the car, i didnt retain the steering column and ignition and sold that with what was
left of the car, is their a harness that i can use to get the motor running ? any pointers on what i might need to purchase and do to get the truck running would be
VERY Graitful and appreciated, i am not that good with motors and could use someones help in the right direction. My oldest son is pretty good when it comes to
wiring and will be a Big help to dear Old Dad, Any Words of Wisdom ? and steer me in the right directiion to getting it running.
Thank You,
Allen,
Payson Az.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If you do an online search for a TPI harness you will find several companies that offer the harness as well as reprogramming of your chip. Rather than try to correct the harness you have an aftermarket one will be much better and you can put the ECU inside.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
1985 is the only TPI Vette without VATS, so you should be able to wire the ignition switch to standard GM color codes, or whatever the Vette uses ( should be standard GM colors in '85 ) and it will run

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
If you want to go it alone you need to get maintenance manuals with wire diagrams that corner the source Corvette and the receiving pickup. Yeah you should have pulled the steering column and it’s wiring but if you have the computer to engine harness you have most of it. You really need the Corvette’s ignition switch as that meshes with the computer for a few specifics but the big thing is the switch is feeding the computer standby power for its memory retention needs and a separate circuit that wakes it up to go to work.

The argument for a fresh harness can be seen in the factory wiring you have which was never all that good and in fact the early L98 Vettes were well known for their wiring problems.

Bogie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.