Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· First name...............Shawn
803 Posts
I wouldnt recommend stopping the panels an inch short, you will definitely see where the panel ends, even with a layer of foam. Even with a 1/8" panel running under the garnish moulding, it will still create a gap. For the best results, cut the panel to butt up against the bottom of the mouldings. The best way to make this very precise is as follows: Cut the door panel with excess to allow it the go underneath the mouldings. Attach the garnish moulding over the panel (it will make a gap but its OK for now). Now just trace the edge of the bottom of the moulding on the panel. You now have a cutting line which should make a perfect fit up to the moulding. Remember to leave a 1/16" to 1/8" gap inbetween the moulding and the panel, to allow for teh thickness of the panel.

· First name...............Shawn
803 Posts
Zonk,

Ive posted about this stuff before, its the exact same size and thickness as the black board that you are familiar with, where as the black board will warp (in my experience, i know it does) and the tan will not. I saw the stuff at a industry-only trade show in one of my suppliers booths. They had two kiddie pools, both filled with water, one had a panel of the black and one had a panel of the tan, both submerged in the water. It was a 3 day trade show, and i was there on the last day. They said they put both the tan and black boards in the pools the opening morning of the show, and left them in there the remainder of the weekend. When i saw it on sunday, the black was a wrinkled and splitting mess, and the tan was honestly still flat. I have never used the black since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.